Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Sting

"Yeah, I've never got stung in my life." Today I couldn't of said this common quote of mine because...A WASP STUNG ME TODAY! It was this morning, I was in the garden, putting my scooter away with joy in my face, feeling jubilant as ever, when, in my Adidas sandals, my left foot and toes launched downward, pressing on the sandal,
when I felt the shock beneath my foot. It was like a shot, fortunately it wasn't "so" excruciating. The black and yellow striped devil, awkwardly sitting between 4 or 5 spikes; it was nestled quite tightly in the sandal. There was no time to think though, rapidly I shrieked a piercing sound, and began to hop on one foot, and have tears leak down. My mom was bewildered. She paused, and wondered what possibly could be happening. Then, I projected my voice and said, "Oh my gosh, I think I just got stung by a bee!! Ouch, it hurts!" I mumbled on, and my mom brought me inside and got me some ice, and told me it was a "wasp" that stung me. She went on the computer and looked up how to cure stings. I was grateful because I wasn't allergic to wasps. I knew most of my pain was coming from the "surprise" of getting stung. Actually, to be honest, I was glad that I finally had the experience of being stung. Weird..I know. After 20 minutes it didn't even hurt. BTW, I'm still not afraid of wasps, and I never will be, but I will try not to step on one ever again, it is painful and annoying!!! I'm not the person that runs away from the wasps/bees!!!(stupid...don't do that!) Alright, you've heard enough. "Bee" conscious!!! Ha ha...unfunny I know! Bye, and enjoy SUMMER!

1 comment: