Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer awaits!

I can smell the chlorine, not necessarily the greatest smell in the world, but it makes me ecstatic to finally know that summer is beginning. I abruptly tie my hair up into a high pony tail, slip on my Adidas sandals, and splash my face with the cleansing water. I except my physical appearance and I am amused with my funny facial expressions that reflect to the mirror. This is a good feeling. School is finally coming to an end, but I will still dread the half days, and the last 2 weeks. My hair is turning to more of my red shade instead of the brown. I'm getting more sleep, and waking up earlier. I do have the time to eat breakfast, unlike most of my friends, and I start each day with a wide grin(OK, not always, I have the cranky early morning (6:00 wakeups), but still. Things are getting better. In LAR we watched "Mean Girls" how unrealistic. Hopefully my grades are B+ or above on my final report card, but I'm not 100% sure that will be the case. He he. Now I'm mainly focusing on my lovely summer and sleep away camp. Oh, I just want it to begin. Bye school...summer awaits! On weekends the pool is open at my gym, and when we have the fortunate time to go, we go. I love the water slide...so fun! Skipping ahead, On a Friday, I walked home from school. But there were stupid boys in my way. They are so ornery. They had hoses and were like spraying people who walked by or even cars who drove bye. This was me, "Are you serious." I saw them planning to get me, so then I turned myself around in a different direction. As much as I wanted to be sprayed, (It was 90 degrees!) I even more so didn't want to get caught in the situation or be embarrassed. I just avoided the nerds! Then when I finally got home, I instantly stretched myself out on my icy couch and got a glass of water! June 24...you can wait that long Rachel...June 24th! I tell myself this. I want it to end, I want to go to camp, I wanna go in the water, I even want to get the feel of putting on sunscreen! I want our garden to grow even more. My mom is so good at gardening. When I walk home, waiting for me are green beans, blueberries(that still need to ripen but sometimes I eat them sour), strawberries, chives, chard, lettuce, radishes, peppers, and some herbs! Fresh..I like! After reading this much already, your are probably thinking, "pretty chaotic," if you are, then you are correct. Teachers are handing out so many quizzes all of a sudden this week, then sometimes we barely do anything in class? I don't get it! Nonplussed! But whatever the school year is winding down, and I'm trying hard not to complain. People are asking for camp addresses...exciting! Anyways, I bet your tired of hearing about my wait for summer already. Or not! Enjoy your summer. Hopefully your idea of fun is not math camp! See you...? Summer awaits!

4 comments:

  1. i loooved that! you should show that post to ur lar teacher, it was very artistic and poetic and the kind of thing i appreciate. love ur new template and im xited 4 summer 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know my previous comment was nerdy, but thats what makes us bffls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was really good, i liked it!

    ReplyDelete